Saturday, November 19, 2011

refuge

the wonderful thing about being in a safe place is eventually you are able to start to feel again.

i spent thursday in one of the therapist's office sobbing and screaming into a pillow which she gave me. i left a lot of snot and mascara on the blue velvet. she wasn't even phased by anything, which i loved. she took me to some places i've been afraid of going in my past, but giving myself to the process is giving me a future. this weekend is a jumble of emotions, thoughts, and discoveries.

i'm immersed, i'm alive, i'm in pain, i'm in hope, i'm in wonder. the caterpillar is starting to grow it's wings. wait and see, this cocoon is only temporary- when i come back i'll be more colorful and alive than i ever thought possible.

4 comments:

Kylee said...

SO happy for you!

ajehz and m said...

i've always seen the colors and the strength. m.e., i cannot wait to have you back and experience the you!

Elaine said...

Heather! I love you and I am so glad that you are enjoying your refuge :) I am going to be so excited to talk to you when get back!!! I have so much to talk you about and I just want to hear your voice!

ps i still check this everyday lol

Heather said...

I pray that this experience will be good and healing for you! We love you!!