Wednesday, September 1, 2010

hey hot shot contest, cat hair, almonds at 2am, and other random bits

i have been having trouble sleeping. last night at 2am i was lying in bed wide awake, so i grabbed a bag of almonds i'd left by my bed and decided to eat. it was awesome. crunch crunch crunch. i chomped away while my mind raced with a million thoughts, so many that i couldn't think out a whole thought before 20 more rushed in and crowded each other out.. i was really into my almonds. i woke emily up with the sound of my chewing, poor thing. she HATES the sound of people eating, so waking up to it.. haha. i slunk to the hall to finish chewing the last handful and she passed out again.

i have cat hair all over me. emily's cat sheds like no other.

soundtrack for today:
"golden thread" joy williams
"walk to the park" amy seeley
"kiss goodbye" little big town (in florida some of the pontoon boats docked where we were and they were blasting country music. that's what i miss about texas. ye-haw! nobody does that in utah.)
"i'm not your toy" le roux
"happier" a fine frenzy
"the space between" dave mathews band

the weepies released a new album!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i listened to the 30 second clips on itunes. my credit information got screwed up so i can't buy anything right now.. good because i shouldn't.. the 30 second previews will have to do.

yesterday was very productive. i spent most of the morning polishing an entry for a photo contest. i've been finding a bunch of cool contests and entering them. who knows, maybe i'll get lucky again:) i had to submit 5 photos, write a bio and an artist's statement. the writing took me forever. i'm really particular about getting things like that perfect and i'll spend hours changing words here and there or whatever. it's a pretty short paragraph. i tend to ramble when i write but when i edit i make my words VERY efficient. here's a strip of the photos i entered, and my artist's statement underneath. i think i'll use the statement on my photography blog and website, it's kind of a mission statement:

blog-strip
"The ability we have to feel moved by the gift & expressions of other people or the universe around us, the ability we have to move them in return,,, these are our single greatest gifts, providing the impetus for everything meaningful in our lives." - Jesh De Rox

“Beauty [offers] us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time.” - Albert Camus

"These quotes describe what I attempt with my photography. I notice, seek out, and create moments that move me, hoping that through my art others will feel moved as well. It fascinates me that beauty is everywhere. My images are a montage of simple concepts, emotions, and beautiful experiences that come together to depict how I see, through art. They are personal and intimate documentations of life as I notice it. Usually my focus is photographing people because souls and the things that move them are inherently beautiful. I try to capture that."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You nicely summed up the issue. I would add that this doesn’t exactly concenplate often. xD Anyway, good post…