Thursday, September 23, 2010

lists. which i love.......

(fyi, this post just follows my thought process.. i'm thinking thoughts straight through to my fingers)

things i consistently look forward to EVERY single day.
- brushing my teeth
- opening my computer
- checking google analytics after midnight to see the stats (i.e. how many stalkers i had that day)
- eating
- getting in my amazing bed.
- falling asleep. i had a realization about my awful sleep habits: i rarely, RARELY go to sleep unless my body makes me. by that i mean, i physically shut down. there is no possible way i can stay awake no matter what. i have yet to discover the reasons, sometimes i can't sleep, sometimes i don't want to sleep for various reasons, sometimes there is actually something going on worth staying up for.. you know! there's just never a reason to actually go to sleep until i HAVE to.. i mean, besides the whole take-care-of-yourself-so-you-live-past-45 bizniss.

interestingly enough, most of these have to do with my night time routine. eating, always. brushing teeth, several times a day (i'm a nutter about it), computer, always. but none of these are a day-only activity and when i was thinking about them they were associated with post-6oclock. maybe that's my problem. i don't appreciate or really enjoy anything that is a consistent part of the majority of my day. sad! now i'm currious. new list:

things that consistently happen EVERY single day minus above list.
- peeing
- txting
- thinking about the future
- thinking about the past (if this were eliminated i'd be 80% more productive, probably. just a thought)
- guilt

really? that's it? hmm. wow. REALLY?

i mean, there are things that happen frequently, like playing with sophia, scratching evan's head, running (a new addition to my life!), finding music, driving to provo, photo shoots, etc. but this list is a compilation of all of the things i can think of off the top of my head that absolutely happen every single day. there are some important things missing i just realized.

i enjoy making lists. more lists:

top 3 songs on my itunes with most plays.
- "here we go" mat kearney (51 plays)
- "closer to love" mat kearney (48 plays)
- "virginia" chris merritt (47 plays)
- as an interesting side note, number 28 (out of 2764) is "i'm so paid" by lil wayne.. what does this say about me? so much i think.. ha. lil wayne ties with the karaoke version of owl city's "fireflies" and beats out joshua radin's "streetlight" by 1 play.

bucket list-esque
- 365 project (take a self portrait every day for a year. alternatively you can be more simple and have it be 1 photo a day, any subject)
- flippin travel. see europe. apparently it's the place to be, since that's where everyone else travels to, and the US seems to get the least immigrants from there in recent years. so, there must be something worth while about it.
- make a profound difference somehow, somewhere, to someone.

blog7

No comments: